Top Cocktails for the Summer of 2019!
Once your backyard and patio are complete don’t forget to enjoy an amazing cocktail!
Here are our fave recipes for the summer season.
- 1/2 a medium watermelon, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup white rum
- 20-30 fresh mint leaves, muddled
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- Blend watermelon chunks until smooth.
- Pour into large pitcher, add lime juice, muddled mint leaves, rum and stir.
- Add simple syrup based on watermelon sweetness (up to ½ cup) and stir again.
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 stems of your favorite herb (basil, rosemary, lavendar or mint) with a few leaves reserved for garnish
- ¼ cup lemonade
- 1 shot good whiskey
- ¼ cup soda
- fresh lemon slices to garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring water and honey to a boil. Reduce heat, add a herbal sprig, and simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Let cool.
- Fill a short glass with ice and add one shot of whiskey. Add lemonade, soda and ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey simple syrup or to taste. Add reserved herb and lemon garnish and serve.
Ginger Beer Paloma
- 1 1/2 shots of reposado tequila (or any good quality blanco)
- juice of half a ruby grape fruit
- 1/2 shot of agave syrup or sugar syrup
- about 75ml ginger beer
- a squirt of fresh lime juice (optional)
- Salt the rim, mix the grapefruit juice, tequila and sugar syrup until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top up with ginger beer.
- Add a squirt of lime juice.
Green Tea & Orange Coolers
- 7 green tea bags
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 orange, sliced
- Your favourite vodka
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a pan
- Remove from the heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the agave nectar.
- Let the tea cool before adding it to a large pitcher along with 2 cups ice and 2 more cups water.
- Add 8 shots of vodka and the orange slices!